Hey yah! How's your weekend? I and hubby are supposed to have a long weekend somewhere in South because Monday is holiday in celebration of the National Heroes Day. But tomorrow would be a very busy Monday for us coz we have clients in line for tomorrow. You know, in nature of our work, the holidays meant to be a working day sometimes but of course, Holy Week, Christmas and New Years Eve is exempted. Oh c'mon, give us some break. Lols!

So, today we just stayed at home and prepared some documentation and contracts for tomorrow's appointment. Hubby did some of the laundry and I spent my time doing my FOTD, lols! FOTD means Face of the Day hehehe. Oh yeah, I did some make-up (I'm still trying hard to be good in doing Smokey eye make-up) and did a little bit of pictorial with my hubby as my poging photographer.


Honestly, I still cannot perfect the blending on my eyes but please bear with me hehehe. I did a Smokey eye make-up using the following:

 Oh, I forgot to include in this photo the Blusher I used (I used Bobbi Brown in Pink Clay) and the Maybelline Eyeliner in Kohl.

The tutorial below is my simple steps in achieving this Smokey eye look yet simple which can also wear during daytime.

Step 1.
Always start with a clean face. I washed my face with Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Facial Wash and applied Clean & Clear Facial Toner for toning my face. Then, I pumped-out an ample amount of BB Cream and spread evenly onto my face and onto neck using my forefinger. The result would be whitish at first but don't worry because after a minute, it will set onto your face like your natural complexion.

Etude House BB Magic Cream in Refreshing
Price: P600+ (I forgot the exact price)
Available in Etude House - Megamall

Step 2.
After the BB Magic Cream sets onto your face, set it with a powder. I am using a Rice Powder. Ewww... I have an oil-mine kasi eh, lols!

Natural Oil-Absorbing Rice Powder
Natural RP06
Price: P350? Yeah, I think so..
Available in all Beauty Bar stores.

Step 3. 
 I have thick eye brows. I used only a brow powder to soften it.

Maybelline BrowDefinist by EYESTUDIO
02 Brown
Price: P299? Hmm... I forgot.
Available in all Maybelline counters nationwide.

Step 4.
I applied an Eye shadow Base to make the eye shadow's color very vibrant. Also this base will make the eye shadow stay longer on your lid. Apply it onto your eyelid up to your brow bone.

I used NYX Eye shadow Base
Skin tone
Price: P360.00
Available from online reseller.


Step 5.
Using my MAC Quad Eyeshadow, I applied the Garcon Gray onto my eyelid in tapping motion.
MAC Quad in TEASE ME...
Garcon Gray/ Bistro/ Parisienne/ Seedy Pearl
Price: I don't know coz this was just a gift from a client.
Available locally.


Step 6. 


I applied the Seedy Pearl in the middle of my eyelid just to highlight my lid a little bit. 
Then, I applied the Bistro in the outer V moving inward. Then, use a blending brush to soften the hard edges. I tried to have more depth by adding more of Bistro especially the outer V.

 Highlight your eyes. Using NYX in High light eye shadow, applied it in your upper lid up to the brow bone and also in the inner side of your lid.


NYX Single Eye Shadow
Shade: High light
Price: P360.00
Available from online reseller.


Step 7.
Define your lash line using a Liquid Eyeliner in Black. Then, curl your lashes and coat it 2-times with mascara always.


IN2IT Mascara in Black.
IN2IT Liquid Eye Liner in Black.
Price: P399 (package of 2)
Available in all IN2IT counters nationwide.


If you're doing Smokey eye, applying the dark eye shadows need not to be perfect. Coz you will tone down the hard edges later by using a blending brush. Always remember, blend, blend, blend! Then, you can always soften everything by putting tiny high light in the corner of your eyes and putting a bit in the edge of your brow bone. Tight line your lower lash line using black eyeliner.


Apply this in the corner of the eyes and edge of your brow bone. 


NYX Single Eye Shadow
Shade: White Pearl
Price: P360.00
Available from online reseller.

Step 8.
Don't forget to put your Blush-on.


Bobbi Brown Blush
Shade: Pink Clay
Price: I don't know. I got this as gift from a client.
Available locally.


Step 9.
Smokey eye is perfect look with a nude lips... So, catch your nude lipsticks now!
(Sorry for those 2 front teeth... ganyan na talaga yan hehe)


I used:

NYX round lipstick.
Shade: Ceto
Price: P160.00
Available from online reseller.

That's it!



 Yes, I know. I never look good in close-up photos ever. Lols!
But here's the far semi-close up taken by my hubby. I edited this photo to give soft focus on my face. Buti na lang maganda ang anggulo na nakuha hehehe.


After my almost 45 minute's ceremony, I came out with this result.

To make this result worthwhile, I asked hubby to do photography for me. Here are the other photos taken:


That's how I spent my weekend with my hubby. Hope this post is again worth reading.

Stay tuned.


Jenniya