Advance Happy New Year to all!

Why that is every New Year comes, aside from doing a general cleaning; I always find myself working very hard in cleaning out my closet? Is it just me or you do, too?

Okay, so there was one afternoon when I opened my closet and some pile of clothes fell down. I think I have lot of stuffs or maybe our closet is just literally small to make all our stuffs fit in. Hmm...

I selected clothes that I hardly wear (circa 2-3 years ago) and put it in other container for disposal. My siblings and my one & only niece will benefit from those and some are reserved as giveaway for my friends. While as I was doing segregation, something popped on my mind when I saw one - a basic white top. Do you know that a white basic top or a blouse or a dress is a must in your closet? I love whites! 

Rumor Has It by PeopleArePeople
If you wonder why the photo has still a tag, well, I took this photo as soon as I got home when I bought it for future blog purposes and speaking of it - just like today's post. 

I bought this white sleeveless last October 2011 before we went to Mindanao. I know that the weather in my hometown is always hot and humid all-year round and a basic white sleeveless would be perfect when we do a stroll. A white clothes tends to bounce back the sun's heat and it absorbs less heat than of any colors of clothes. To stress this out, avoid black tees when you know that you're going to spend more time under the sun because a black clothes absorbs more heat.

Moving on, basic whites (top or bottom) are easy to style with and is versatile to pair or to layer with. Avoid whites if you know you're a little bit bloated because it will make you look even bigger. In my case, I'm in denial, so please just let me wear it. Lol. So, after a much hard-work of compiling the clothes that need some loving and clothes that need some care in the hand of others (friends and my siblings), I came up with this post of styling my favorite basic white sleeveless. 

Office Outfit No.1
If I am still reporting to an office on weekdays, I would definitely wear this white top with a trouser. Always remember, if your top is fitted then pair it with loose bottom. And if your bottom is fitted, then your top should be a bit loose.
Of course, a blazer would complete this look for a modest finished. I wear it with a tiny Brown belt and a very dark brown high heels.
Outfit Details:
Shoes: Matthews
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Tiangge
Trouser: Surplus Shop by SM
o~~~~~~~~~~~~o

Office Outfit No.2
It is white and very, very basic. As I've mentioned earlier, this basic top I have is a combination of a blouse and a dress. If you are fond of wearing dress in reporting to office, this is just perfect for a corporate look but still looking chic and sexy.
It is stretchable, so I just pulled it down to make it longer. Wear it with just a tiny belt to make you look taller and it gives the illusion of long legs. 

Try it with a scarf! Remember, less is beautiful. Don't accessorize much. Just add a watch and a pair of bracelets would do. Don't forget the blazer to keep the modest look when needed like for a meeting.
o~~~~~~~~~~~~o

Office Outfit No.3
Back in the day, I always have a denim blazer when I work because our air-con unit in the office cool down the place very quickly and later on very, very cold. Brrrrr!!! Denim is a thick fabric so it's just perfect for layering and fights the cold temperature.
I changed my high heels to a wedge shoes to fit with my denim blazer. Denims can make you look tough so I guess the wedge shoes can balance your look than of the stiletto high heels. Agree?
Outfit Details:
Shoes: Matthews
Wedge shoes: KEDS
Belt: Forever 21 & SM Acessories
Necklace: Tiangge
Blazer: PeopleArePeople
o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o

A Dinner Date/ Party Outfit
After a long day of work or a long week, a dinner date awaits with your girlfriends, boyfriend or your husband. Sometimes you and your office mates would like to hang-out in a club or a party. You can actually wear the same outfit provided you have prepared a clutch bag or a hand bag.
Since the fabric is stretchable, I pulled the bottom up for a sexier cut. I paired it with a stiletto shoes with a black and bronze/ gold design to match with my feathered clutch bag.
Outfit Details:
Shoes: Janeo
Necklace: Tiangge
Clutch bag: CMG
o~~~~~~~~~~~~~o

A Common Outfit
After getting off from work or just a common day like weekend, use the basic white to a simple date or a simple stroll in the mall with your loved one (a boyfriend or a hubby). In my case, I love wearing mini-skirts or shorts.
I pulled up the dress and fold the edge in my hip area. 
Outfit Details:
Shoes: KEDS
Necklace: Tiangge
Belt: Babo
Hand bag: XOXO

Fyi, my hubby was the one who take all the shots happened in our roof deck. He directed all my poses. Okay, that are my ways to wear a basic top. How about you? Do you have a basic white tee? How do you style it? Care to share? I hope you find this post helpful.

simply jenniya
Got questions? Comment below or click here.