Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eye Liner in Sepia Ink.

I thought I cannot use again my Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Liner since it got dried up already. But I never bother to think to shoot it into the trash bin. Thank God I have this attitude of keeping stuffs instead of throwing it away. I got excited to know that I can still restore my dried gel liner or I can still extend its shelf life when I stumbled on Dollface Cosmetics site and have seen the simple tutorial on restoring your gel liner.

All you need to do is get the following:
o Eye Drops
o Toothpick or Popsicle stick
o Tissue 
o Of course, your dried-up gel liner.

Step 1. Do not face towards electric fan or avoid the windy area. Open your gel liner.
See that space in the right inside the bottle? That's how dry it is.

Step 2. Using any eye drops except contact lens solutions, drop 2 or 3 depending on the dryness of your gel liner. You can add more drops as you go along if needed. In my case, I immediately give it 4 drops.
 

Step 3. Using the toothpick, I slowly smashed the gel. Mix it until the consistency gets creamy.
 

Step 4. Take the tissue and press down the gel on the bottle. Please don't use a thin issue that can easily torn coz in my case, my tissue was thin so when I pressed down the gel, I left some tiny parts of torn tissue in the gel which I easily took off using my tweezer.


Step 5. Clean the mouth of the bottle. Take the cap and close it tightly and store it in mod temperature.

Voila! You're done! Isn't it so quick and pretty easy to do? I've done it in less than 10 minutes. I really enjoyed doing it.

Time to test! I applied my restored gel liner onto my eye line starting from  the outer corner or whatever works for you. Some starts at their inner corner all the way out. Excuse my very oily lids! I didn't put any powder on prior to application hehehe. I'm just excited to test it immediately. Wow! I love again my gel liner. It's very easy to line my eyes (I used a slanted eye liner brush) and it glides on very smoothly. I'm so happy!
 
I intentionally put the gel liner all over my eye line and elongate the wing for a cat-eye look. So perfect for clubbing noh?

Later that day, my B and I headed out around 3:00 pm. I used my restored gel liner and went home after 9 hours. I am impressed on how the gel stays intact. I didn't retouch or put on face powder but I only used blotting paper on my T-zone area, so definitely the eyes area weren't seriously blotted.

 
I just applied the gel liner on the outer 3rd corner of my eye line. I just wanted to open my eyes and also coz I've worn my Wet 'n Wild Cherry Frost so I don't want to be looked like a clown hehehe.

Here's the photo of Before and After 9 hours:
 You can see the difference on my skin. The Before photo (left); not yet oily and the After 9 hours photo (right) with my very oily skin. See? The gel liner still stays intact. Doesn't smudge! It still does the same job like it was brand-new. Yey!

So, why spending another hundreds or thousand of bucks to buy for new one? Go get your dried-up gel liner and start restoring it now and SAVE money! Until my next post beauties.

Smile always and stay tuned.


Jenniya