Hi everyone!

Since last month, whenever I had the chance to pass by at any Watsons, I always checked repeatedly my favorite beauty counters looking for matte lipstick. I always failed to find any because some aren't that matte that I wanted and some are just too steep for me. So after the longest time of finding mattes, I finally gave in to try and bought 2 matte lipsticks from Ever Bilena. My last purchase from Ever Bilena was their matte jumbo pencil lipstick way back 10 years ago when I was working in Penshoppe. That matte texture back then is what I really wanted.

 
P145.00 each

Anyway, at first glance of their testers, the matte lipstick speaks itself; it really looked matte. Then, I swatch some. By the way, I never swatches lipstick onto my lips (hygiene it is!) but only on top of my hands. Moving on, when I glide it onto my hand, the color pay-off wasn't good; the color barely show. So, I had it glided with a lil bit of pressure then, finally it shows. Well, maybe the testers were mostly opened that's why the testers dried up. I've chosen 2 shades - Mauvey and Pink Flame.

 
L: Pink Flame; R: Mauvey

I hate SA's that do not know well the product they are selling especially with those in the cheap brands. I don't want to be so mean but that's the truth. I'm just being honest.

When I asked the SA to get me a new stock of Mauvey and Pink Flame, I asked her to open it for me and I got dismayed because the cap of the Mauvey that has a swatch of the lipstick wasn't been glued well and it was detached from the top of the cap. She told me she'll get a new stock. That was okay with me but to hear from her that the detached cap swatch can actually be used as lip gloss... What?!? Of course, I know it is not a lip gloss. I wanted to correct her but then again, I don't want to be mean to her especially that she has another customer in her area, so I ignored what she has said. I'm just irritated by her stupid selling techniques. I just get a new stock of it and off directly to the cashier.

When I got home, I discovered that the new stock she gave was also the same. It has defects. Both of them.
 
 
Both Pink Flame & Mauvey - chipped off silver coating..
 
Mauvey - the cap swatch was also the same (it wasn't glued). Oh c'mon, that is not a lip gloss but more like a soft rubberized thing.

 
Pink Flame - when I first tried to twist it upward..
 ...it was ruined! Oh no!

I was really saddened. All of us would like to have our purchases brand new and no defects, right? I love my lipsticks in their perfect shapes and untouched until I glide it onto my lips. But this batch of lipstick purchase is an exemption. I just get what I pay for. Another lesson learned.

Enough for that blah. I just want to warn you that the following photos below are kinda gross. Excuse me dear because during that time, I was in my 2 successive days of wearing my Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick and haven't I said so yet that my lips tends to exfoliate grossly whenever I used my Maybelline? So, just close this window if you can't stand to see it.

Ever Bilena Matte lipstick swatches:
 
Pink Flame
 
Mauvey (with cam flash)
 
Mauvey (without cam flash)

The verdict? 
  • I have a wrinkly lips so it sets in lines but not that obvious since it's matte.
  • It easily vanished when you eat and do not left even a bit of stain (except in your liplines) but it's not really a big deal for me. We always retouch anyway.
  • They are really matte finish. The photos didn't justify the matte-ness but in person, it is lovely! Just the way I wanted to. 
  • You have to swipe it more for your desired opacity.
Pink Flame is my favorite. I've been wearing Pink Flame everyday since last week. The Mauvey is perfect to match with dark smokey eye. Well, despite of all the defects I found, I am happy that I have mattes now. I just hope I can find like these in other brands.

Until my next post beauties!

Much love,


simply jenniya
Got questions? Comment below or click here.